Sunday, June 5, 2011

Do not give up in repenting to Allah


Do not give up in repenting to Allah

AbdurRahman.org | June 4, 2011 at 8:46 PM | Categories: Character, Ibadah, Islam | URL: http://wp.me/p1VJ3-CQ
It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say:
"A person committed a sin and said: 'My Lord, I have sinned; forgive me.' His Lord said: 'Is My slave acknowledging that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and punishes for them? I have forgiven My slave.'
Then as much time passed as Allaah willed, then he committed a sin and said, 'My Lord, I have sinned; forgive me.' His Lord said: 'Is My slave acknowledging that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and punishes for them? I have forgiven My slave.'
Then as much time passed as Allaah willed, then he committed a sin and said, 'My Lord, I have sinned; forgive me.' His Lord said: 'Is My slave acknowledging that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and punishes for them? I have forgiven My slave,' - three times." [Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 7507; Muslim, 2758. ]
Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) included this hadeeth under the heading:
"Acceptance of repentance from sins even if the sins and repentance happen repeatedly."
He said in his Sharh:
We have already discussed this issue at the beginning of the Book of Repentance. These ahaadeeth clearly point to that, and even if the sin is repeated a hundred times or a thousand times or more, and he repents each time, his repentance will be accepted and his sin will be erased. And if he repents once from them all, his repentance will be valid.
Sharh Muslim, 17.75. s
Related Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment